- This event has passed.
Basic Knife Skills with Alex Austin – FULL – Please Call 509-328-3335 for Waitlist Info
August 9, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sunday, August 9 at 2:00 pm:
Class: Basic Knife Skills
Instructor: Alex Austin
Description: The most valuable tool in the kitchen is your knife! Become acquainted and adept with the most classic and important of chef’s tools, and your time in the kitchen will be transformed. In this hands-on class, you’ll hone basic knife skills and practice the fundamental cuts. You’ll use these knife skills every time you cook! Learn the differences between German and Japanese Cutlery. Learn how to care for, handle, and the different cuts you can make with your knife. Food prep will be a dream! Alex will take you through the basics and history, and then you will get to practice your new skills! Don’t miss this incredible class. *Must be 16 years old or older to attend. **No food will be served – Workshop only.
Must register in pairs
COVID-19 changes: Please see thekitchenengine.com for a list of what we are doing to keep you safe.
Class Limit: 10 Class Style: Hands-On* Class Cost: $110 for 2 Class time: approx. 2 hours
SAFETY THROUGH COVID-19
Wondering what to expect when attending a cooking class?
- We are following the guidelines provided to us by the Spokane Regional Health District
- We are making every effort to clean and sanitize the store and especially the class area.
- We have changed the layout of our class area and can safely hold classes while abiding by distancing guidelines.
- Attendees will be asked to self-monitor—if you’re not feeling well, please do not attend class.
- We will be checking attendees’ temperatures upon arrival.
- Instructors & assistants will wear masks.
- Masks are required except when eating. Please remember to bring your mask. We will have masks for sale if you happen to forget.
- If you are uncomfortable being in class at this time, please wait and come see us when you are ready!
- We must have four business days (96 hour) notice of cancellation in order to issue a refund.
- Class registration is for 2-person tables only. Due to distancing guidelines we can’t accommodate singles or odd numbers unless full table price is paid.
- Tables arranged 6ft apart
- Maximum of 14 people in class. (7 tables of 2)
- The hands-on portion of class will be done at your own table or distanced at the counter.
- Gloves will be provided when necessary.
- Class length extended to 2 hours.
- Everyone’s safety is our priority and we ask for your understanding and patience while we all navigate these unprecedented times. We welcome your questions and concerns. Drop us a line at 509-328-3335 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Classes are all approximately 2 hours unless otherwise noted!
*Presentation Style Classes include: Printed recipes, class-room style instruction with visual screens,
Q & A time, and meal-sized portions of food.
(Please note – there is no hands-on participation in a presentation style class unless otherwise noted!)
*Hands-On Style Classes include: Smaller class size, more personal instruction, actual participation in some of the preparation, printed recipes, Q & A time, and meal-sized portions of food. Hurry – Classes fill up fast. Please call to register!
Phone: 509-328-3335 Address: 621 W Mallon #416 (The Flour Mill)