- This event has passed.
Learn to Cut & Prepare New York Steaks with Chef Mark Steinmetz
August 30, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sunday, August 30 at 2:00 pm:
Class: Learn To Cut & Prepare New York Steaks
Instructor: Chef Mark Steinmetz
Description: Have you ever noticed the price difference between large cuts of meat (primal cuts) and pre-cut steaks? If you haven’t, it is usually $1.00 to $3.00 cheaper per pound for primal cuts. In this class, in addition to learning 3 new recipes, Peppercorn Crusted New York Striploin with a Brandied Demi Glaze with Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Chef Mark will show you how to break down a primal cut Striploin into individual New York Steaks, saving you extra money. Cutting your own steaks also allows you to select the desired sizes of your steaks, from small 6-ounce steaks to large 20-ounce steaks. Mark will also show you how to package and freeze your steaks, so they stay tender and tasty for you to enjoy later. Don’t miss this informative and delicious class!
*Price of class reflects the current market price of quality meats. Must register in pairs
COVID-19 changes: Please see thekitchenengine.com for a list of what we are doing to keep you safe.
Class Limit: 14 Class Style: Presentation* Class Cost: $118 for 2* Class time: approx. 2 hours
SAFETY THROUGH COVID-19
Wondering what to expect when attending a cooking class?
- We are following the guidelines provided to us by the Spokane Regional Health District
- We are making every effort to clean and sanitize the store and especially the class area.
- We have changed the layout of our class area and can safely hold classes while abiding by distancing guidelines.
- Attendees will be asked to self-monitor—if you’re not feeling well, please do not attend class.
- We will be checking attendees’ temperatures upon arrival.
- Instructors & assistants will wear masks.
- Masks are required except when eating. Please remember to bring your mask. We will have masks for sale if you happen to forget.
- If you are uncomfortable being in class at this time, please wait and come see us when you are ready!
- We must have four business days (96 hour) notice of cancellation in order to issue a refund.
- Class registration is for 2-person tables only. Due to distancing guidelines we can’t accommodate singles or odd numbers unless full table price is paid.
- Tables arranged 6ft apart
- Maximum of 14 people in class. (7 tables of 2)
- The hands-on portion of class will be done at your own table or distanced at the counter.
- Gloves will be provided when necessary.
- Class length extended to 2 hours.
- Everyone’s safety is our priority and we ask for your understanding and patience while we all navigate these unprecedented times. We welcome your questions and concerns. Drop us a line at 509-328-3335 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Classes are all approximately 2 hours unless otherwise noted!
*Presentation Style Classes include: Printed recipes, class-room style instruction with visual screens,
Q & A time, and meal-sized portions of food.
(Please note – there is no hands-on participation in a presentation style class unless otherwise noted!)
*Hands-On Style Classes include: Smaller class size, more personal instruction, actual participation in some of the preparation, printed recipes, Q & A time, and meal-sized portions of food. Hurry – Classes fill up fast. Please call to register!
Phone: 509-328-3335 Address: 621 W Mallon #416 (The Flour Mill)