- This event has passed.
Sushi Making with Alex Austin – FULL – Please Call 509-328-3335 for Waitlist Info
July 26 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sunday, July 26 at 2:00 pm:
Instructor: Alex Austin
Description: Experience the world of Sushi with Alex! He will teach the basics of Sushi making; from cooking the rice to the endless possibilities you can create. He also gives you “must-know” info about the seafood you need. Once you’ve mastered these fun-to-learn basics you’ll be ready to dazzle your friends with your own sushi party. Lots of hands-on practice and a sushi rolling mat comes with the class.
*Must be 16 years old or older to attend. Must register in pairs
COVID-19 changes: Please see thekitchenengine.com for a list of what we are doing to keep you safe.
Class Limit: 14 Class Style: Hands-on* Class Cost: $118 for 2 Class time: approx. 2 hours
SAFETY THROUGH COVID-19
Wondering what to expect when attending a cooking class?
- We are following the guidelines provided to us by the Spokane Regional Health District
- We are making every effort to clean and sanitize the store and especially the class area.
- We have changed the layout of our class area and can safely hold classes while abiding by distancing guidelines.
- Attendees will be asked to self-monitor—if you’re not feeling well, please do not attend class.
- We will be checking attendees’ temperatures upon arrival.
- Instructors & assistants will wear masks.
- Masks are required except when eating. Please remember to bring your mask. We will have masks for sale if you happen to forget.
- If you are uncomfortable being in class at this time, please wait and come see us when you are ready!
- We must have four business days (96 hour) notice of cancellation in order to issue a refund.
- Class registration is for 2-person tables only. Due to distancing guidelines we can’t accommodate singles or odd numbers unless full table price is paid.
- Tables arranged 6ft apart
- Maximum of 14 people in class. (7 tables of 2)
- The hands-on portion of class will be done at your own table or distanced at the counter.
- Gloves will be provided when necessary.
- Class length extended to 2 hours.
- Everyone’s safety is our priority and we ask for your understanding and patience while we all navigate these unprecedented times. We welcome your questions and concerns. Drop us a line at 509-328-3335 or email@example.com
Note: Classes are all approximately 1 hour to 1 & 1.5 hours unless otherwise noted!
*Presentation Style Classes include: Printed recipes, class-room style instruction with visual screens,
Q & A time, and meal-sized portions of food.
(Please note – there is no hands-on participation in a presentation style class unless otherwise noted!)
*Hands-On Style Classes include: Smaller class size, more personal instruction, actual participation in some of the preparation, printed recipes, Q & A time, and meal-sized portions of food. Hurry – Classes fill up fast. Please call to register!
Phone: 509-328-3335 Address: 621 W Mallon #416 (The Flour Mill)